An advocate of equity, transparency and equality running for the Helsinki City Council
I’m a 43-year old Sustainability Advisor and mom running for the Helsinki City Council. My main goal is to ensure that Helsinki is a city that puts the wellbeing of its people and nature first. I’m also a strong advocate of equity, transparency and equality.
Currently, I’m a Deputy Member of the Helsinki City Council (Greens), a member of Helsinki’s Culture and Leisure Committee and the Chairperson of the Youth Section. Over the past term, I’ve concentrated especially on issues concerning children and youth, diverse services, culture, sustainability and the environment.
A few facts about me:
- I have a master’s degree in political science and work for a communications agency Miltton as a Senior Advisor of Sustainability and Communications. During my career I have also worked e.g. in the NGO sector as an expert on development policy, corporate responsibility and tax justice, as a Political Advisor to MEP Heidi Hautala and as the Head of International Affairs with the Green Party. My full CV can be found on LinkedIn.
- I believe that decision-making is best done through discussion, negotiation and familiarization. The ability to take over large entities and get along with others is key.
- In addition to me and my spouse, our family includes our two-year-old toddler, my seven-year-old firstborn, and my spouse’s teenager.
- We live in Töölö, but in addition to the city center, I am also familiar with many other areas of Helsinki. I’ve also lived in Kallio, Kamppi, Katajanokka, Kruununhaka, Laajasalo, Myllypuro, Roihuvuori, Tammisalo, Tapanila, Ullanlinna and Vuosaari.
- In my spare time, I build legos with the kids, watch Peppa the Pig (over and over again), read a lot of books, take care of my vegetable plot, take walks in the woods and try to learn how to run regularly.
- I love Helsinki and want to make this city the best possible place to live for all of us.